Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Home Sweet Spain

It's my second year in Spain. Things are a lot less scary this year. Instead of feeling like I am fighting to survive the language, I am feeling comfortable and adjusted. I feel like I can actually enjoy meeting people and getting involved in activities through the community and in my school. This year I am teaching music to first, second, third, and fifth graders. I'm also teaching math and science and I'm loving it all. I feel more prepared before I go into the classes now that I have the experience and I feel closer to the students so it's easier to get through to them. For Christmas, we are prepared Carols and traipsed around the school caroling and knocking on the doors of other classes to sing our songs. Click play on the video below. :)





I haven't been traveling as far and wide as I did last year but I have been able to start accomplishing my goal of exploring more places within Spain. So far, that has included Monturque, Cadiz, Valencia, and Tenerife. I've also been on a few trips with one of the choirs to sing in some nearby towns such as Benemejí, Moriles and Doña Mencía. They are all small towns similar to my town, Cabra. We sang in concerts or masses for different events in each of the towns.

No comments: